There are lots of different ways to improve your brain fitness.
For more ideas, check out www.playwithyourmind.com.
- Try something new - learn something because it’s fun.
- Brain games make you sharper, but so does eating dirt? Some studies are showing that common soil bacteria may improve your cognitive abilities, stimulating neurons in our brains, and lowering anxiety. Does that mean that gardening is good for your mind?
- Try learning a language: exercising your memory and using your newly-developed skills give you a mental workout.
- Take notice: pick a familiar environment, then see what new details you can notice that you haven’t noticed before. This is a general mental fitness tip: don’t be lazy and complacent with your mind.
- Join a group: socializing pushes our higher cognitive functions.
Most importantly, keep thinking about things you enjoy thinking about. That’s the best brain game.